Horizontal Navigation Bar w/Rollover Effect
V I D E O T E S T I M O N I E S O F H A R M
There are literally millions of untold stories of circumcision harm based on conservative estimates of damage and harm (beyond harm from loss of the foreskin itself in a 'proper' circumcision):
It's a myth that circumcision is harmless and men don't complain about it. Men Do Complain
Approximately 50% of survey respondents have indicated that they would like to give personal or video testimony of their harm. Researchers, filmmakers and others who are interested in interviewing these men may contact the Survey Programmer who in turn will forward your request to survey respondents and encourage them to contact you.
Increasing numbers of circumcised men ARE posting their stories on YouTube and other media outlets.
FEATURED VIDEO TESTIMONY
- Windows Media Player -
Mr. Eran Sadeh | Founder, Protect the Child | Israel
Press Conference | Berlin, Germany | 12 September 2012
with brief introduction in German by Georg Ehrmann, President of German Children's Aide
English translation of Mr. Sadeh's message in Hebrew:
I hereby call Jews in Israel and anywhere in the world: learn about the advantages of an intact penis,
learn about the disadvantages of a cut penis, and join the unstoppable movement of tens of thousands of Jews
all over the world who welcome their sons to the world without violating their bodily integrity, without hurting them,
and without putting them at risk. Here ends a year and its maledictions and a new one begins with its blessings.
Happy New Year / Rosh Hashana
The full 25-minute press conference (in German) can be viewed on YouTube
ADDITIONAL PAGES OF TESTIMONY
* Confessions of a man damaged by circumcision
* Circumcision complications - a personal story
* Circumcised - sues and wins
* Circumcision damage ruined his penis
* They cut off part of my penis
* Brad Roberts (Crash Test Dummies band) discusses his circumcision
* Circumcision damage leads to more tragedy
* Circumcised at 18 and can compare
* Jonathan's story
Testimony Page 2 (includes Jewish and Muslim men)
* WU-SLam's Genesis Show: Circumcision
* Jewish man reveals feelings about human rights crime (music video)
* Israeli Men Speak Out Against Circumcision
* Mom, why did you circumcise me?
[Questions from a Jewish Dutch man; English subtitles: 35 minutes]
* Muslim Canadian Doctor: Respect Male Genital Integrity
* My Mutilation Story
* Man realizes part of his penis was cut off
* Circumcision: The Big Transparent Lie
* Surgical foreskin restoration
* I hate my penis
* Confessions of a circumcised American dad
* Circumcised as punishment for masturbation; surgically restored
* Circumcised and Speaking Out
* Hendrik Gout - Genital Mutilation
* Lloyd Schofield explains San Francisco circumcision initiative
* Bay Area Intactivists (Uncensored) - 2011 San Francisco Pride
Testimony Page 5 (includes Jewish and Muslim men)
* Rabbi's son discusses circumcision harm (1of2)
* Rabbi's son discusses circumcision harm (2of2)
* Jewish and non-Jewish men reveal circumcision harm (1of2)
* Jewish and non-Jewish men reveal circumcision harm (2of2)
* Jewish men and women discuss circumcision harm
* Female victim of genital cutting confirms male circumcision harm
* Circumcised father protects son from circumcision
* Group of circumcised men discuss harm
* Neuroanatomist discusses sexual loss to circumcision
* Men's surveys document circumcision harm
* Jewish sexolgist discusses circumcision damage
* Neuropsychologist explains circumcision damage
* Nurses witness circumcision damage
* Circumcised men explain benefits of foreskin restoration
* Men use art to reveal circumcision damage
* Circumcised men protest circumcision harm
We encourage men harmed by circumcision imposed on them as a child to take the survey and then share with us a short (3 minutes or less) video testimony in which you discuss from a personal perspective the physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, spiritual or self-esteem damage done to you by this genital cutting. You can either email us the video file or post it to YouTube and email us the link.
Due to content restrictions, you might not be able to post a YouTube video that exposes the damage done to your genitals. If you submit your video to us, we'll consider hosting it on our website.
All videos should contain at least the following:
your first name (real or pseudonym)
your birth year
where you were born (country, state/province, city/town)
the age at which you were circumcised
your parents' religion(s) and your current religion (if any)
whether the circumcision was done by a doctor, a religious ritual circumciser or a tribal circumciser
detailed description of your physical, sexual, emotional/psychological/self-esteem, or spiritual harm (this is where taking the survey can help you to focus)
Whether you have considered foreskin restoration and/or are currently restoring, and what the physical, sexual, emotional/psychological/self-esteem or spiritual benefits have been for you. Before and after photos of your circumcised and restored condition could also be helpful.
what you would ask or say to your circumciser if you could meet him/her today.
emotional expression is encouraged, and while you are free to criticise the practices of the circumcising community you were born into (i.e., Jewish, Muslim, African tribal, Catholic, Filipino, South Korean, etc) - the video should not be a vehicle for baseless expressions of hate speech against any specific group of people.
Feel free to be creative in making appropriate analogies or using symbolic visual or audio props to help viewers understand what infant males experience during circumcision and/or the profound differences between having intact and non-intact genitals (e.g., watching a film in black & white vs. colour; hearing a symphony without the string section... you get the idea)
Copyright 2011-2013 Global Survey of Circumcision Harm. All Rights Reserved. Web hosting by Tilted Planet.